Sunday, September 26, 2010

More Challenge work!



I finally was able to photograph and upload some more work based on Challenge #44.

The first one is a page I had painted and "embellished" previously. I had used a paint that had a gritty texture to it, so when I scraped over it with the card, it removed that "grit" from the surface. It's impossible to tell in the pic, but it created a fabulous suede-y texture - so incredibly tactile - I love it!!

The second one is cool, minty greens that I then scraped over with white & wiped off most of it - I wanted a wash, or like a filter, not a "layer."

I can't wait to see what Michelle plans for us to do to these next!!!





10 comments:

  1. Such lovely greens !!
    Welcome to the team . Sure you'll have fun, like what I have in the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are lovely, Cindi. Beautiful colouring and I love the shapes you have created with the scraping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi - great work! Love the gesso over - looks so chalky and light. Just a few more days before I post the next related challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, fresh and minty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages, I love the idea of a suede texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish i could feel the suede texture IRL! Love the colors you chose. i can't wait to see what's next, either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nice comments everyone. It is such a lift to be encouraged by talented, creative people!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours - they feel very 'spring is in the air' to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! Yeah, sometimes the photos just don't show the details. I like the second one in terms of vibrance with color though...it pops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such nice texture and color on your pages and your blog background is super!

    ReplyDelete