Saturday, October 30, 2010

Final Oct Challenge piece

I finally finished Michelle's challenge at GPP Street Team and have really learned a lot - stretched myself a bit. I have been so enthralled with all the other participants work, I had a very hard time deciding what to do on my own work. There were so many great ideas and incredible work, I am amazed!!!!

This piece was the same printed background as the other 2; I used the stencil I made when I made the mask for the last one, and more Glimmer Mist. I thought the Glimmer Mist didn't really work for this effect, though. I guess it was too close to the background color to show up well. So I took several colors of ink and stamped the same stylized flower image over and over to "busy up" the background. I stamped the word "faith" and I found some cool torn paper scraps in my stash; glued them down, then wrote the verse on the bottom one with a gel pen.
I really like the way this one turned out; I'll probably cover it with matte gel medium and use it and the second one in a notebook I use daily. It has the clear pockets on the front and back, so I can slip these right in.

What's next, Michelle????

3 comments:

  1. Bravo Cindi! Another page! At first glance I thought you had scribbled little circles over the page, then I see it's a flower stamp. Love how soft this is, with very subtle transitions. Love that you used your own writing on the page too - including it on a scrap of paper allowed you to determine best placement. A favorite trick of mine ;) Thanks again for sharing more work, as well as your enthusiasm.

    I'm working on the next one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Cindi! I just love the colors you chose and your 'glimmer mist' well, I've never tried that but I would love to in the future - it sounds great-thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the different pieces of art you have created using the same background, Cindi. The flower stamp works very effectively in this one.

    ReplyDelete