I finally completed this challenge - and what a challenge it was for me! Michelle asked us to take a print of a previously painted background and alter it. We could paint, collage, stamp, color, whatever we wanted to.....
This is my completed second work - I used Michelle's suggestion of a mask to make the hand shape with Glimmer Mist - sooo sparkly! I love it! Then it needed "grunging" up, so I used Distress Ink to stamp images all around. I didn't ink the stamp evenly to make the images more faded and aged. I scribbled all around the edges with markers and pens, then wrote on the hand.
This is the piece after I masked the hand and stamped it - before I scribbled on it. Sorry, I put the photo's in the wrong order - I still don't understand this blog-thing.....and if anyone has a tip to put a watermark on these pics, I would love to hear it! I only have the photo programs that were loaded on this computer and really don't know how to use them.
I have REALLY enjoyed this challenge - I have utilized methods and tools I would never have thought of. The other people participating in the challenge are all incredibly talented and I have learned much from them. Can't wait to see what Michelle has in store for next month!!